Pages

Monday 8 July 2013

Number Sentences


We have been learning to write a story to match a given number sentence.

1. 49+6=
Sally had forty nine dresses then her husband bought her six dresses for her birthday. How many dresses does Sally have altogether?

2. 67-19=
There were 67 people at my birthday party. Two hours later 19 people left. How many people were still staying at my party?

3. 146-68=
I had 146 books. Sixty eight of my books got ripped by my baby brother. How many books do I have left?

4. 230+145=
Michelle had 230 words in her story. Her friend added 145 more words to make it more interesting. How many words did Michelle have now in her story?

5. 4x5=
There are 4 bags of cookies in our shopping cupboard. In each bag there are five cookies. How many cookies are there altogether?

6. 18 divide by 6=
I have 18 lollies and I shared them equally amongst my six friends.  How many lollies does each of my friends get?

0 comments:

Post a Comment